600g fish meat, preferably wolf herring (ikan parang) or Spanish mackerel (ikan tenggiri)
1 tbsp tapioca flour
200ml cold water combined with
2 tsp salt
1. Fillet the fish and flake the meat with a metal spoon, making sure there are no bones.
2. Put the fish meat and tapioca flour into the blender and blend for half-a-minute.
3. Add ice-cold water with salt, a little at a time, and blend till the mixture turns sticky.
4. Turn the fish paste into a large bowl and slap the side of the bowl a few times.
5. Take up a bit of the paste and squeeze through the hole formed with your thumb and forefinger. Scoop the fish balls out with a spoon.
6. Boil some water in a pot and drop the fish balls into it. When they float, they are ready.