1/2 tsp salt
Pinch of white pepper
2 Tbsps chopped young fresh ginger
2 tsps chopped garlic
1 Tbsp oil
2 tsps soy sauce
1 Tbsp chopped spring onion
1. Clean the fish fillet and pat dry it thoroughly with kitchen paper.
2. Place the fish in a plate (or tray) for steaming, rub the fish with the salt, add pinch of pepper on it, then sprinkle the chopped ginger on top.
3. Steam the fish fillet in a pre-heated wok for 7 minutes.
4. In a non-stick pan, fry and brown the chopped garlic with 1 tablespoon oil and pour the oil and fried garlic on to the fish when it is cooked.
5. Add soy sauce to the fish and sprinkle the chopped spring onion. The fish is ready to be served.
Note: Codfish can be used instead of dory. Add another two minutes when steaming.