10gm peeled prawns
1 tsp salted brown beans (taucheo)
1 red chilli
1 stalk spring onions
2 cloves garlic
1. Cut brinjal into two lengthwise and then each half into four pieces.
2. Fry in hot oil until soft and slightly brown. Dish aside and keep.
3. Deseed and slice chilli. Cut spring onions into 2 cm lengths. Slice garlic cloves.
4. Leave a little oil in wok and put in garlic and brown beans. Stir fry 1 minute. Add prawns and cut chillies.
5. When prawns are cooked, return brinjals to wok and stir fry two minutes. Add in spring onions and serve hot.
- From the article Cooling nature of egg-plant by Tan Bee Hong.