1 cup lablab beans (available in Indian grocery shops and called Mochai Payeer)
1 large onion
2 clove garlic
few curry leaves
3 tablespoon curry powder
oil for frying and cooking
1. Boil the lablab beans with little salt until tender, strain and keep aside.
2. Cut the tempeh into small cubes and fry in oil. Keep aside.
3. In a separate wok, add little oil, saute the onion and garlic. Add the lablab beans, curry powder, salt and some water. Let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the gravy thickens.
4. Add the fried tempeh and mix well.
5. Add curry leaves and crushed black pepper. Serve hot with plain rice.
Note: Don't add the tempeh until the gravy has thickened, or else the tempeh will absorb the gravy and look soggy.
- Recipe courtesy of VBG.