12 dried oysters, soaked in water
40g fatt choy
3 Tbsps oil
6 cloves garlic
2 stalks spring onion, white part only
4 thin slices ginger
3 tsps premium grade oyster sauce
2 tsps light soya sauce
½ tsp salt (or to taste)
2 Tbsps Shiao Xing wine
6 cabbage leaves, blanched in boiling water
400 ml chicken stock (steeped from a chicken breast simmered in 1.5 litres water and 1 tsp sea salt)
1 tsp cornflour
1. Soak the oysters for two minutes in water.
2. Heat oil in wok. Fry whole cloves of garlic till golden and set aside.
3. Fry ginger and the sliced white parts of the spring onion. Add the dried oysters.
4. Splash with the wine and add the oyster sauce and soya sauce.
5. Add the chicken stock and simmer the oysters under low heat for 20 minutes. Add the garlic and simmer for another five minutes.
6. Add the fatt choy, stir and lift the wok off the flame.
7. Put two oysters, a clove of garlic and some fatt choy on a blanched cabbage leaf and roll up.
8. Steam the rolls for five minutes.
9. Heat the remaining gravy in the wok, add a little more salt if needed and thicken with cornflour mixed with a little water. Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls.