240 gm beef fillet
30 gm black fungus
30 gm white fungus
60 gm ginger (shred finely)
10 gm kei chee
2 stalks Chinese parsley
250 gm black vinegar
2 tsp cornflour
1. Marinate beef with pak kei, kei chee, black peppercorns and coriander leaves for four hours. Soak black and white fungus.
2. Heat oil in wok and sear fillet until browned. Then bake in pre-heated oven at 250C for 8-10 minutes.
3. Deep-fry ginger until crispy. Set aside. Drain fungus and saute, seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Steam kei chee for five minutes. Heat black vinegar and thicken with cornflour.
5. Slice fillet into medallions. Arrange on plate and garnish with black and white fungus. Arrange ginger and kei chee on plate. Serve with vinegar sauce.