1kg lamb (cut into large cubes)
200gm ginger (sliced thinly)
1 carrot (sliced)
200gm canned bamboo shoots (sliced)
50gm soaked wood ears (mok yee)
100gm Chinese mushrooms (soaked)
1 tsp garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
4 tbsp oil
1 tbsp salted red beancurd (nam yue)
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup Chinese rice wine
1 tsp pepper
1. Drain mushrooms and reserve water.
2. Heat oil and sesame seed oil in a claypot. Fry ginger and garlic till fragrant. Add salted red beancurd and lamb cubes. Stir fry five minutes and add the seasonings and mushroom stock.
3. Bring to boil and add mushrooms. Simmer till tender and then add carrots, bamboo shoots and wood ears. Cook another 10 minutes.
4. Serve hot. Garnish with Chinese celery (kan choy), shredded scallions and red chillies.
- From the article Quick meals with lamb by Je'n.