500g chicken wings
2 stalks spring onions, cut into sections
1cm ginger, sliced thinly
5 chinese mushrooms, soaked till soft and halved
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
3 tbsp oyster sauce
Dash of ground pepper
1/4 cup water
Extra 1 stalk of spring onions, cut into sections
1. Cut chicken wings into 3 sections at the joints. Discard the tips.
2. In a pan, heat up cooking oil and fry spring onions and ginger slices until fragrant. Add chicken wings and mushroom.
3. Add Shaoxing wine and continue to fry. Meanwhile, heat up claypot until smoking hot.
4. Transfer all the contents into the claypot. Add water and the remaining seasoning, except the extra spring onions. Bring to a boil. Cover claypot and simmer over low heat until chicken wings are tender.
5. Before serving, add extra cut spring onions. Stir well and serve while still hot.
- Contributed by reader Jo