1 medium-sized bitter gourd cut into thin slices
300g prawns, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
7 beancurd puffs or tow foo pok
1 red chilli, chopped
1 rounded tablespoon black bean with garlic (Lee Kum Kee)
1 tsp sugar
1. Add a heaped teaspoon salt to the bitter gourd slices, stir and squeeze them with your hands. Rinse off with water, and drain in a colander.
2. Scald tow foo pok with boiling water, and drain. Cut each into two with scissors.
3. Heat oil in wok, fry garlic, add chilli and black beans. Fry till fragrant.
4. Add prawns and stir-fry till they are pink. Add bitter gourd.
5. Stir-fry, then add in water, tow foo pok and sugar. Cover and cook for five minutes.
Note: You could add salt if it is not salty enough.