300g long beans, cut finely
2 Tbsps dried shrimps, shelled and washed
2 tsps chopped choy poh or preserved radish, washed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsps cooking oil
1 red chilli, cut finely
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
3 Tbsps peanuts, roasted
1. Cut dried shrimps into two if they are big ones. Heat some oil in wok and fry dried shrimps. Drain and set aside.
2. Dry roast the peanuts in a separate pan without oil, or put them in the microwave, uncovered, on high for three minutes or until golden brown.
3. Fry garlic in the rest of the oil, add chilli and stir. Add in the choy poh, then the long beans and sautee for about two or three minutes.
4. Add in the dried shrimps and combine, then the sugar. Taste before adding salt.
5. Dish out and serve the long beans sprinkled with roasted peanuts. Serve with white porridge.
- From the article Boost up with long beans by Eu Hooi Khaw.