2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
6 sausages, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
3 cups cold cooked rice
1 tbsp chicken granules
8 French beans, sliced
1 small carrot, cut into 4cm matchsticks
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
salt and black pepper to taste
1 chilli seeded, julienned
5 tbsp peanut oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
6 red chillies, seeded and pounded finely
2 medium Japanese eggplants, cut into 4cm matchsticks
¼ cup vinegar
salt to taste
1 tbsp sugar
sliced spring onions for garnishing
1. Heat butter and oil in a non-stick pan and fry sausages for about two minutes.
2. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
3. Fry garlic in the same pan for about one minute and add rice, chicken granules, French beans, carrots, soy sauce, vinegar and give it a good stir.
4. Add sausages and salt and pepper.
1. Heat three tbsp of the oil in a deep saucepan and fry garlic until brown. Drain and keep aside.
2. In the same pan, add the remaining oil and fry chillies for two to three minutes.
3. Add eggplant and vinegar and cook until the eggplant is soft.
4. Add fried garlic, salt, sugar and garnish with sliced spring onions.
5. Garnish fried rice with chillies and serve with eggplant relish.