500g fresh pan meen or egg noodles
300g minced chicken
2 Tbsps chopped spring onion
8 Chinese dried mushrooms (soaked and diced)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
2 Tbsps oyster sauce
2 Tbsps soy sauce
3 Tbsps chopped fresh garlic
3 Tbsps oil
3 Tbsps of water mixed with 1 teaspoon of corn flour
1 Tbsp Chinese rice wine (optional)
3 litres boiling water
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok. Add 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic and the minced chicken and fry over medium heat for 3 minutes.
2. Add salt, pepper and the diced mushrooms to the meat; continue frying for another 5 minutes.
3. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, Chinese wine (optional) and water, simmer for 5 minutes or until the water in the mixture is reduced. Scoop out and set aside.
4. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a small frying pan; brown the remaining chopped garlic. Put aside for the noodles later.
5. Put the boiling water in the wok to boil the noodle, add the garlic oil. When the noodles are cooked, place them in the drainer and run cold water over them quickly.
Make sure the noodles are totally drained (pat dry with a kitchen towel if necessary). Place the noodles in the serving dish, pour the meat sauce over them and mix well.
Lastly, sprinkle some chopped spring onions and white pepper on it. The noodles are ready to be served.
1. These noodles go well with a garlic chilli sauce.
2. Fresh pan meen is available from Carrefour.