2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
3 tablespoons dried shrimps, pounded
3 tablespoons sambal belacan
300g medium-sized prawns, shelled
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cooking oil
Pure santan from half a coconut
400 ml water
Salt to taste
1. Pluck the kangkong, discarding the older stems.
2. Boil the sweet potatoes till cooked, and cut into cubes. Put aside.
3. Fry garlic in oil, add the dried shrimps and sambal, and fry till fragrant.
4. Add the prawns.
5. Mix the santan with water and add to the sambal and prawn mixture.
6. Bring to a quick boil on a high flame and add sweet potatoes and kangkong. Add salt to taste.
7. Let it all boil quickly and take it off the fire.
- From the article Nutritious swamp cabbage by Eu Hooi Khaw.