300g long beans, cut into 3cm lengths
2 heaped Tbsps ikan bilis, cleaned of entrails and washed
200g half-fat pork or chicken breast, cut into chunks
4 dried chillies, soaked in hot water and seeded
3 pieces of asam keping
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsps oil
2 Tbsps light soya sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce
4 Tbsps water
Salt to taste
1. Fry garlic in hot oil. Add ikan bilis and fry till golden.
2. Add in the meat, seasoned before hand with a little soya sauce and pepper. Stir fry for a few minutes.
3. Put in the long beans and dried chillies and sautee.
4. Add in the two soya sauces and asam keping. Add in the water.
5. Cook the beans covered for three minutes or until they are soft. Then taste before adding salt. Dish out and serve.
- From the article Boost up with long beans by Eu Hooi Khaw.